LegacyGT.com

P0852 ~300 miles after clutch

forgive me if I missed an obvious answer. I didn't find a satisfying response to this in search.

I had an ACT clutch put in two weeks ago to replace the Clutch Masters failure clutch on my 2005 OBXT with 5MT and modified with larger turbo/injectors/pump/tune. Nothing else was changed. Tune is several years old.

Roughly 300 miles following the new clutch install, I noticed that the "cruise" light would activate on the highway, but I could not actually engage cruise control. That went on for about a week, during the recent North East snowstorm, before I got a chance to troubleshoot it.

Today, I got a CEL with code P0852 - Neutral Switch Input Circuit High. Nothing else seems to be off or acting strangely.

I assume these are related. Any ideas or suggestions?

There is a connector on top of the transmission, just aft of the bell housing. You can see it with the top mount off. Maybe it wasn't clicked in tight?

You nailed it. I really should have checked fittings well before posting (sorry), but it was so damn cold and snowy recently that I couldn't get to it very well.

When I finally wriggled my hand up to the main clip to inspect it, it fell out with a few wiggles. It looks like the clip snapped, so replugged it and secured it. Codes haven't returned. Cruise works great.

Archived