LegacyGT.com

HID retrofit with LED DRL

I'm also curious about this. I'm currently installing the TRS mini h1 7.0s. I didn't want the DRL feature to keep my HIDs on all the time, even though the separate TRS HID relay harness would have prevented any damage to the HIDs.

Now I am left wanting a basic DRL and I've been considering my options. I am using the GT split headlamps, so I could stuff an LED light in place of the high beam and wire it to be on whenever the car is running.

I also briefly considered the TRS panamera shroud with LEDs, but that might be too flashy.

Hope you plan to install projectors and not just slap hid bulbs in

Of Course. Similar plan to Dispatch here. Just HID bulbs is dangerous.

I'm also curious about this. I'm currently installing the TRS mini h1 7.0s. I didn't want the DRL feature to keep my HIDs on all the time, even though the separate TRS HID relay harness would have prevented any damage to the HIDs.

I wont be able to do this to my GT lights for at least 6 months. I am trying to get any and all information together before I tackle the project. Any updates you may have, please post them I'd love to see how yours turn out. Thanks

I wont be able to do this to my GT lights for at least 6 months. I am trying to get any and all information together before I tackle the project. Any updates you may have, please post them I'd love to see how yours turn out. Thanks

I just got the bixenon wiring figured out today. It was confusing and I spent a lot of time on it. On my first attempt, the HIDs would shutoff when I turned on the high beams.

I'll definitely keep you posted and give you help. I'm a very active user on this forum.

I just got the bixenon wiring figured out today. It was confusing and I spent a lot of time on it. On my first attempt, the HIDs would shutoff when I turned on the high beams.

I'll definitely keep you posted and give you help. I'm a very active user on this forum.

I started to collect my thoughts and pictures of my retrofit attempts here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bi-xenon-hid-retrofit-3rd-gen-00-04-legacy-walkthrough-249471.html

I'll continue to update it as I slowly move along.

Archived