LegacyGT.com

Tall guy question

So I went to check out a '07 2.5i this afternoon.

The first thing I have to do with any car, is I have to see if I fit.

With the seat all the way back, I had leg room, but the steering wheel didn't tilt up far enough to not interfere with my knees and let my feet work the pedals.

As it's just the base 2.5i with the manual seat (4 way), the problem could have been resolved by having the whole seat go down, but only the back of the seat lowers down, tilting the seat back which slightly raises my knees.

Do the upgrade seats (6 way) in the better models of fourth gen Legacys completely lower?

I also found the interior to be a bit more cramped than in my 94. I thought it would be a bit more spacious...

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Not sure your definition of tall but in 6'4" and was able to fit and drive my sis in laws 08LGT just fine. It did have 6-way however.

I'm right there with you! 6'4" FTW!

The power ones have more range of motion then the manual ones. But the steering wheel should go up quite a bit.

I know in my 94 there are two adjustments, so the wheel goes up pretty far. I could only find the main adjustment that is on the bottom of the steering column. And that seemed to only let it go about half way up. It was kinda similar to when I went to test fit a Crosstrek a couple of years ago. The seat went so far back, that my feet couldn't reach the pedals, but at the correct location, I couldn't get the wheel to go up at all. Even the sales man was perplexed until he found the release on the bottom of the steering column.

However, I'm not going back to see if there is more adjustment with that car.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Had the same problem, and was able to compare back-to-back. My '05 LGT vs. '05 2.5i rental. WAY more room in the LGT with the power seats.

That's very encouraging news!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

• 3 months later...

So I fit ok, and actually have the seat slid a bit forward from the rearmost limit.

However, I found this picture of my car when it was sold a few years ago, and the wheel is up higher than I can seem to get it. Am I missing something?

http://images.indexusedcars.com/Subaru/Legacy/2008/27fe51c3-1aaa-49ab-85be-0db1c37f8ea4/Subaru_Legacy_2008_4.jpeg

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Archived