LegacyGT.com

Rear Outback Springs/Struts/Shocks on Legacy 2.5i Wagon

Hello,

I purchased a 2006 legacy 2.5i wagon a while ago. I noticed however, it had outback springs/struts/shocks seated on the rear. They seem to be from an outback from the same generation, since the ride height is higher. Now the problem is, I often feel the back of the car fish tailing when driving straight or turning. Do you think that the fact the person installed outback (springs/struts/shocks) in the back only, might have created this problem? Since the front is at stock height.

I would also like to know if it's possible to keep the front legacy (shock/strut) and the rear outback (shock/strut) and to just replace the stock springs for lowering springs and fix my problem? Or is the rear outback part not exactly compatible without changing other suspension parts in the back? In short, is the spring the only difference between the outback and legacy (spring/strut/shock assembly)?

Thank you,

Alexander

A lot of that height is coming from the Outback strut (it's about 2 inches longer than the Legacy strut) and then some from the spring.

Replacing the strut is probably your best bet. You can shove the Outback spring on the Legacy strut for a little rake or get Legacy springs for the OEM ride.

Thanks for the info man!

What do you mean by "a little rake"?

By the way, love your ride and what you've done to it!

Having the front slightly lower than the back. That way when it's loaded it sits level. As it is right now the back of my car is .5 inches higher than then front, so when I load it up I don't see any sag.

Archived