LegacyGT.com

Wanting to swap from ej251 to ej205t in 03 legacy L?

not big into doing car work but ive swapped a 69 chevy motor with my dad before. i think i can do this with guidance. I have an '03 Legacy special edition. auto trans. i know there inst many options for upgrading these cars without doing a swap, but i really like the style of the car. i have researched forums and websites and i want to basically turn this car into a WRX so im thinking about doing an ej205 turbo engine with 5mt tranny... but i really dont know how to go about making the car solid through and through as far as drivetrain, suspension, computers, ect. anybody know much about doing this swap?

This is not a SBC swap. There is a reason why that engine has been put into nearly everything from everywhere.

It will be far cheaper and less time consuming for you to go out and buy a used WRX to play with and keep your Legacy as a DD. Trust me.

If your Leggy is a sedan, look for a WRX.

If it is a wagon in good body shape, I'd say different for its practical use.

My BH has been swapped with a rebuilt EJ205t, but I didn't do this myself. I have had no regret since I needed this car for my family and that I couldn't find anything more suitable for my needs and for the money.

I must also say that before the swap, I had worked on the front brakes (WRX), suspension (JDM B4 shocks and front springs, 20 mm Whiteline rear swaybar)

Make a search on the forum. I am sure you could find a lot of answers.

Archived