LegacyGT.com

Noticed a couple of wierd things

Hi. I have been considering an Outback XT limited wagon for a while and noticed two strange things about the car that I haven't seen discussed here to date. The first is that the headliner in all cars, regardless of interior color, is a light tan. I really don't like the idea of, say, a silver car with a black interior and tan headliner. It just doesn't seem well thought out. Subaru should offer a grey headliner too. The second is that the champagne gold color has a problem with the front and rear bumpers - they noticeably do not match the color of the rest of the car. They are darker. Any owners of this color notice this issue? Thanks.

Hmm: I can't tell because it's dark, but I'm pretty sure that the headliner on my base XT in obsidian black is grey. I saw one XT Ltd at my dealer and I didn't notice any issues with the pain match on the bumpers. It was indoors, on the showroom floor though.

I have a gold XT with black interior. The headliner color is closer to an off-white/gray color, and looks fine with the black in my opinion. I also noticed that the gold paint has a slightly different color onthe bumpers and door handles. Actually, I notice the door handles the most. It's not enough to really bother me, but I think they could have done a better job matching the paint over the various parts! CRaig

Archived