LegacyGT.com

Warped brakes returning w/new rotors

Over the summer of 2015 (about 3k miles ago), i got tired of driving around with a shaking steering wheel and pulsating pedal while braking. I replaced all rotors, pads, and front calipers. After that my brakes felt great!

Unfortunately, i am getting a warped feel again...

About 600 miles ago or so i rotated my tires. I ended up finding out one of the wheels that i moved up front was bent ( felt like unbalanced tires).

My front right strut is also blown.

Is there any simple explanation on why my brake rotors seem to be warping again, and is it possible that a bent wheel and blown strut could be tied to it???

Also, I don't ride my brakes or do much stop and ago driving at all, but I would say that i brake aggressively. And i noticed the warped feel again right after moving the bent wheel to the back.

One cause of the feeling of warped rotors can be crud/corrosion building up between the rotor and the hub. If that surface is not completely flat, the the rotor will sit slightly cock-eyed on the hub, which causes a shuddering. The brakes are clamping onto a crooked rotor, which will cause a vibration due to the 'run-out'. It's hard to explain on a forum but a very simple concept if you saw a picture of it.

If the rotor became loose, or you moved it's location on the hub, when you swapped wheels, then it's possible the rotor didn't seat completely flat against the hub when you tightened it all back up. That could account for the unusually coincidental warped rotor feeling immediately after moving a single wheel.

• 2 weeks later...
its possible that the rears are not working properly causing the fronts to over work. the hoses could be causing it to drag slightly.what dispatch20 stated is definitly a possibility but i dont think its likely, i have done hundreds of brake jobs and rarely have to clean the mating surface. my opinion is that there is either some other brake issue or its diving habits

Archived