LegacyGT.com

Catless 3.0R = RASP QUEEN

Yup, so basically I've learned to do better research and plan out the exhaust before jumping the gun. I confronted the shop and am waiting to see what they say. And that rusted section is part of the stock outer piping they used. I royally messed this up. :(

• 3 weeks later...

The shop I went to fixed up the exhaust a little for me, grinded the inside of the pipes a little, installed my high flow cats, deleted my rear sensors, and fixed the front sensors.

It's still not the most beautiful thing in the world but she sounds a lot better. The HFC made a pretty big difference... Still a little tinny above 4k but I'll play with some mufflers and if it comes down to it I'll put in another resonator or two. I'll post a exhaust clip soon.

Until then, here's open headers! ;)

Thanks for the support guys

• 1 month later...
I put Raptors, MagnaFlow metal core cats and an Invidia Q300 cat-back (for LGT) on my 3.6 and it was brutally loud. Raptor tells me a resonator after the Y should quiet it, but the Invidia has one. Upgrade to Vibrant?

I put Raptors, MagnaFlow metal core cats and an Invidia Q300 cat-back (for LGT) on my 3.6 and it was brutally loud. Raptor tells me a resonator after the Y should quiet it, but the Invidia has one. Upgrade to Vibrant?

Yes. Vibrant Ultra Quiet will help. They say the longer the resonator, the better. Maybe an 18" hot dog resonator. Also, 200 cel hi flow cats are recommended by Raptor. I've heard that Invidia Q300's are naturally louder to begin with. I know a few different people who have Raptors, and decided to run stock mufflers. It's all a matter of personal preference. I would try a longer ultra quiet resonator, or possibly even 2 resonators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ended up putting the two vibrant 12" 2.25" bottle style resonators in the Y-pipe after the cats. That pretty much killed the rasp 80% between the 2-4K RPM.

Then I went ahead and installed a Borla cat back that I bought with a resonator delete thinking the rasp would return... But lo and behold it's sound smooth and beautiful! Slightly race carish so I may put a resonator in the midpipe but for now I'm happy.

Damn, it finally sounds like an H6! Can you post some pics of the resonators on the Y pipe? I think I need to go this route. I have the Vibrant ultra quiet resonator that needs to be welded in, but maybe putting 2 bottle resonators in the Y is the best setup . I think putting the resonator in the mid pipe will take the edge off the little bit of "race car" that you have there. Either way, it sounds great, and I'm sure it's a hell of a lot better than the rasp that we seem to get with Raptors.

Archived