LegacyGT.com

New Account Profile- TJM

Hey, what's up everybody? Just got a 2010 LGT 2.5 Limited, and loving it. I was just wondering what a good exhaust setup would be, everything is stock, and I'm looking to personalize my baby.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and the exclusive 5th gen gt club! First, how much do you want to spend? Second, what do you want from your exhaust? Wake the neighborhood noise or moderate noise? Bling or subtle but noticeable?

Me personally, I don't want to warn anyone I am coming so my exhaust is all stock. If I ever decide to go with a down pipe I will most likely leave the stock axleback, but probably go with some nice aftermarket tips.

Def don't want to wake anyone, but a nice and noticeable rumble would be ideal. Yeah, I've been scrolling through the threads and everyone seems to be very helpful!

I'd like to spend less than $800. Titanium tips, and catback set ups were up my ally. But, I'm really new to aftermarket products, so all your help is extremely beneficial.

Welcome!

Borla is probably one of the quieter CBE setups (I've got it on my car) and you can pick up a new set for about $450 right though Borla and maybe find it even less elsewhere. If you end up doing a full TBE, I would recommend a catted downpipe though (ask me how I know this.....)

Welcome to quite a unique group here.

Suggestion? Save the moola to an exhaust and buy an AP (if you haven't done this) first. An exhaust really doesn't do much for our cars right off the bat outside maybe playing with the sound.... unless thats your goal.

I chose the Invidia 300 CBE for the sound - muffled yet bold. Not loud. As you will find out the others here made me :lol::lol: buy a DP - Which I went with the AVO one (http://www.avoturboworld.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/265) but had to get a midpipe fabricated to connect the two. You can buy the whole TBE from either company though...

I'd grab a beer and sit down and hunt thru a bunch of the build threads... Some of us on here have done some serious testing/evaluating/searching/failing/discovering and can save you some time but help spend your money. ;) Good luck!

Welcome aboard, prepare to be enabled.

The first big mod I did to my LGT was a custom exhaust, AP came a little later as I was happy with the power for a little while. Having a stage 2 WRX before definitely fast tracked the AP purchase though, I knew there was more at the ready to be easily used. Spend some time searching around, you should be able to find all kinds of info on worth-while mods and about what you can expect to pay for your goals.

Now post up some pics!

I'd like to spend less than $800.

Any exhaust you're going to buy is going to need an AP to tune for it so there goes $650 of your $800 exhaust budget. Go with just the AP now and then save another $800 for that exhaust you want in a few months (or weeks :lol: ).

Welcome TJM!!! Let the enabling begin.....

http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20160106&app=1&c=info.dogpl&s=Dogpile&rc=info.dogpl&dc=&euip=66.234.199.109&pvaid=7add00deebbc4394b064a2c3fb6c6687&dt=Desktop&sid=1830193568.2882075271224.1452122957&vid=1830193568.2882075271224.1426791451.1911&fcoi=4&fcop=results-bottom&fct.uid=243283b6629b4828aad7994a67130d48&fpid=2&en=0WEFU%2FZhSoTF%2FFm%2BpLeuVl4UPZzISdzyg%2BaGYj7N8ISb7M1aTnzzgA%3D%3D&du=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.teen.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2FAustin-Powers-Evil-Plan.gif&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.teen.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2FAustin-Powers-Evil-Plan.gif&ap=29&coi=772&cop=main-title&npp=29&p=0&pp=0&ep=29&mid=9&hash=6B9F41DD0A95E0449AFAAD3097329081

Welcome! How can we help you spend your money? Two best first mods are Accessport (V2 or V3) and of course, bigger rear sway bar, depending on your wants and needs. Enjoy your new ride and don't resist the want, it's inevitable ;)

Okay, I'm checking them out now. V3 would be my best bet right, and what's a reasonable price for it. The one I'm looking at is $650. There are also a couple upgrades that COBB recommends to purchase for stage 1 (Subaru SF Intake System, Subaru SF Airbox) all for $950

That intake is not for our cars. My understanding is that the stock intake is fine unless you upgrade the turbo.

Even just an AP with a stage 1 tune will make it a very different car.

Some of the other vendors will give you package deals on the AP if you order other stuff at the same time. A while ago I saw Nameless Performance doing that with exhaust pieces.

I agree with supporting vendors, but I personally dropped about $500 for my ap v3 on ebay barely used and only a few months after it had been released.

Okay, I think I'm doing the same thing. Yours worked fine and everything?

Archived