LegacyGT.com

2000 Legacy GT-Limited Sedan Build Thread

So I recently purchased a 2000 Legacy GT-L Sedan and I was curious in the ways of what modifications I could go about.

What should I start with? What is most recommended ?

Also since it was just purchased I was curious what maintenance things should be dealt with?

I'm planing to wrap some interior pieces such as the wooden dash, I have a new radio coming in aswell.

(Sorry for the pictures, They're off the lot, New ones will be posted, And more)

BA88C8F1-01E1-4C1D-A5C8-9C05A6D6A284_zpsq5gouoeb.thumb.jpg.acc8a587cd95c90e6d0809ddd8cd1948.jpg

5CB1B1BA-FFA8-4EEB-8006-2554846BA9BA_zps3lw78xiw.thumb.jpg.1246e55223d22649e95fd732d9b45a3a.jpg

39E25406-1630-4509-BF35-95BB73B69B69_zpsdp6m4xac.thumb.jpg.03b2009d8186122815f8e4763b1562af.jpg

What exactly was the GT package ? Mostly cosmetics ?

I think it is mostly cosmetics and electrical, E.g audio, sunroof , ect..

Anyone have recommendations for coilovers? My suspension or something just feels rickity when driving (Not sure how to explain it) so i feel as if coilovers could help.

Anyone have recommendations for coilovers? My suspension or something just feels rickity when driving (Not sure how to explain it) so i feel as if coilovers could help.

What are you looking for in your suspension? Coilovers will destroy your ride quality unless you are going to drop big$$$. And most Legacy guys value the ride their cars have.

Chances are that your struts are just worn and need a replacement.

I would them focus on getting everything tight again by replacing bushings, adding stiffing components/replacement pieces and going from there. You will have less change in how stiff your suspension is vertically so it will still ride nice, but your lateral movement will be much improved.

IMO, start with sway bar end links, and then go to larger swaybars. Everyone I know who has gone this route is shocked at how much of a difference this makes in the cars confidence in corner entry/exit.

What are you looking for in your suspension? Coilovers will destroy your ride quality unless you are going to drop big$$$. And most Legacy guys value the ride their cars have.

Chances are that your struts are just worn and need a replacement.

I would them focus on getting everything tight again by replacing bushings, adding stiffing components/replacement pieces and going from there. You will have less change in how stiff your suspension is vertically so it will still ride nice, but your lateral movement will be much improved.

IMO, start with sway bar end links, and then go to larger swaybars. Everyone I know who has gone this route is shocked at how much of a difference this makes in the cars confidence in corner entry/exit.

This is perfect, You're so helpful. So you recommend struts, any specific brand/kind? Also along with bushings, and end links do you recommend any specific kinds? Also is this all able to be done by myself + a few helpful people or will I need shop assistance ? Thanks!

This is perfect, You're so helpful. So you recommend struts, any specific brand/kind? Also along with bushings, and end links do you recommend any specific kinds? Also is this all able to be done by myself + a few helpful people or will I need shop assistance ? Thanks!

I like Whiteline personally - not cheap though. They have a couple different front sway bar links with different stiffness. I put on KCA32s which was their middle stiff ones and better if you plan to upgrade your sway bars at some point.

I think that Moog makes some replacement bushings for our cars too

Struts, I believe that the KYBs are a great option. Check the forums for lots of other info.

Glad you found the info helpful.

Archived