LegacyGT.com

For those with 08 - 09 5EAT...

Hey guys, I recently totaled my Stage 2 2005 5EAT. It's not officially totaled, but the entire front end + radiators is smashed and there is slight frame damage so I'm just waiting for it to be officially totaled. I'm looking at an 08 Legacy GT in Spokane that is also a 5EAT which I would be able to transfer my parts to. My concern is the transmission. Since the Hexmod valvebody isn't available for the 08 - 09, is it worth it to pick up these years when trying to heavily mod. Would an entire transmission (still 5EAT) overhaul solve any or some problems?

Thanks. Just looking for some insight on 08 - 09.

I'm sorry for your loss, hope you are unscathed. I have no rebuilding experience, so I don't know if this will work but, maybe you can buy your car back and swap the 05 5EAT into the new car. Like you said the new car doesn't have the ability to upgrade the VB and you need one! Its one of the best mods money can buy. You may have to also swap the ECU and Engine harness but again, I don't know if the 05 stuff is compatible with your new engine. I'm just spitballing what's on my mind. You will have to do some research to see if this is possible, or hopefully some of our more seasoned members will chime in. This would be a pretty cool swap, because you would have the bragging rights to owning maybe the only 08 with a VB mod.

There is a high failure rate with the 08 and 09 because they are not totally the same. The newer ones have rev matching and everything . I believe the guys from Infamous have been trying for a while but keep blowing trannies.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Archived