LegacyGT.com

2002 Outback AWD, Tailgate Leak; Help..

I have a 2002 Subaru Legacy Outback AWD. UK Car ..

Now with all this wind and rain we've been getting lately; I noticed that I have a small amount of water in the Boot (trunk) is seems to be coming in from the top light area on the tailgate ,, all seals appear to be in tact etc...

Has anyone else experienced this?

22792306582_21187919e3_o.jpg

I did have this problem. It might not be visible. A small crack on the tailgate light is enough to let the water in.

In my case, the crack was close to the seal itself. I removed the light, checked the seal, cleaned it and resealed it all around with silicone. No need to separate the glass from the taillight assembly. After I put it back, nothing was visible. After 7 years, it's still perfect.

Hi Giffle,

was the water coming through the - High level Brake Light? that's where my leak is..

It was coming from the main taillight, the "thing" that costs over 350 USD. I had removed the high brake light before, but I don't see how water can get through it. How about the washer sprinkler?

Mine also leaks. On a hard rain or going through the car wash. I have to open the hatch and let it drain, it holds quite a bit of water.

Most likely leaking from the large brake light assembly.

Do like Giffle said. I've been meaning to take my light lense assembly off and re seal it, I just haven't yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived