LegacyGT.com

Headlights/Turnsignals/4ways non-operational for first 5 minutes

So I'm waaaaaaay up here in Canada's arctic (we've been hovering around -20, -25 degrees Celcius for a while now) and I've encountered an issue with my 2007 Subaru Legacy wagon.

Below -20 she starts fine and everything works fine. But it seems like whether I drive for 5 minutes or twenty minutes, the next time I turn it on it starts, but the headlights, turn signals, and 4 way flashers are non operational until it runs for about 5 minutes. Also in the centre console where the clock/temperature/gas milage indicator is (above the radio) there is a strange indicator that flashes a number of times. I have included a photo of this flashing indicator with my post.

I am not sure if this is just some safety thing where the battery did not have enough time to charge again after starting (because it's so cold) or if this is just some random happenstance. Anyone else run into this issue?

On a separate note I've also run into the car forgetting my radio presets if I leave it for a day or two. Again, no starting issues at all, but just weird things. Maybe it's an old battery? Just bought the car in April so this is my first winter with it

Thanks,

NWT

IMG_0108.thumb.jpg.9d6a6926fafc2b09542aaacd7647752a.jpg

The only issue I can kind of relate to is the headlight issue.

Sometimes in the cold weather, one of my headlights would not come on when I started the car. The headlight would then would randomly come on after maybe 5-10 minutes. I ended up fixing my issue by opening up the protective plastic cover on the headlight connector, and clamping down the spade terminals. The headlight connector fit much more tightly on the bulb after that, and I have not had any issues since then.

Archived