LegacyGT.com

Someone stole my brake light.

CyraEm

A little bit ago I noticed my right brake light was out so when I went for an oil change today I asked them to replace the bulb. They got it open and then called me out to look at it and sure as shit the socket you'd normally put a new bulb into was gone and the wires were cut.

I have no idea how/when this happened. Could have been in our parking lot, could have been at the mechanics, could have been a million different times. But now that it has happened I'm trying to assess how expensive and complicated the fix is going to be.

All the information I can find online is for troubleshooting switch problems which isn't really what I'm looking at.. Am I going to need to rewire the car or is there a way to replace just the wires in the ass end of the car?

EDIT: Sorry! I have a 2000 Subaru Legacy Brighton.

They needed the socket with the pigtails apparently and couldn't be bothered to get one at a salvage yard.

What year is your car? Including that info in your post or your user info under your avatar would be helpful for other members to help you.

Archived