LegacyGT.com

Spring install help (Tien HTech rears)

SnarlyMarley

Read alot of good write ups searching around but here is my problem:

The lower bolt for the rear struts. I tried an impact gun, a breaker bar, torching the nut and using a short ratchet with a floor jack to get these bolts free with the car just up on jack stands and they wouldn't budge.

Any sure fire tricks to get enough brute force to loosen these? I am in Western CT are if anyone wants to recommend a cheap place to get it done...

Thanks!

James

Just had this issue. The other thing that will help.. if you have another set of hands... is having someone hold down the other side - pushing the opposite way - with a wrench. Once we did that... it was infinitely easier.

I used a breaker bar and floor jack to break them loose, then a breaker bar from there. Something else you'll need to know. If you have the suspension hanging loose, you will need to raise it a little (with a jack) to get the weight off the bolt to pull it out.

All in all, this bolt was the hardest part of the whole spring R & R...

I used a breaker bar and floor jack to break them loose, then a breaker bar from there. Something else you'll need to know. If you have the suspension hanging loose, you will need to raise it a little (with a jack) to get the weight off the bolt to pull it out.

All in all, this bolt was the hardest part of the whole spring R & R...

+10 :D

Archived