LegacyGT.com

LED Headlight Bulbs

Samets

Check out the sixth gen mod sticky. There's a section on lighting with a link to a few led kits that we have been using. One of the main things as far as a general consensus is to opt for passive cooling as opposed to the units that utilize a fan. Some good info in the sticky as well as other related posts. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my lighting thread trolling some of the notable things I've heard/read regarding LED's in this application are:

Pros:

Wide beam pattern

Good Foreground illumination

Bulbs last a long time....obviously

Lower current draw

Less heat

Cons:

Less long range lighting due to no apparent hot spot down the road

Not as bright as HID alternatives, although brighter than halogen

Less heat

To elaborate on why less heat is an issue comes from some user's experiences with the use of LED's in snow and ice situations. When using HID's or halogens there is some heat produced on the outer housing of the headlight which prevents ice over, however with LED's this heating action is absent or reduced. Some users have mentioned that in some cases this has been a bit of a problem. I really cant speak to how wide spread the issue is.....I have HID's....but as someone who lives in the upper Mid west this was a turn off for me. Again this is just something I've heard, but I must admit that to a point it makes sense. Someone else might be able to elaborate a bit more too.

In my experience, the pnp LED headlight bulbs are not a good upgrade, they simply don't match the optics of the halogens they replace. I've also seen a lot of premature failures, burnt out chips due to heat or poor quality control.

Archived