LegacyGT.com

Need Help Reading Logs!

Killuminati206

You really should just pay for an etune with the setup you currently have, or if you can pickup a downpipe soon and flash stage 2 then get an etune you can get your car running properly. A tuner is the only one that's gonna truly be able to help you I think, bren tuning or Cryotune or tuning alliance all can take care of you. Best of luck!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

The K&N might be affecting your MAF scaling. In your 3rd log there's single count Feedback Knock around 2800 rpm and 1.75 g/rev load, then a single count increasing to double count Feedback Knock in the 2600-2800 rpm and 2.3x g/rev load. The higher load knock in particular would concern me if it continues to show up there. Maybe try a stock filter element or as already mentioned, get a custom tune. More worth it to go Stage 2 if you're amenable to spending the $. Those logs are all part throttle. Usually the more interesting stuff happens at larger throttle openings :)

The K&N might be affecting your MAF scaling. In your 3rd log there's single count Feedback Knock around 2800 rpm and 1.75 g/rev load, then a single count increasing to double count Feedback Knock in the 2600-2800 rpm and 2.3x g/rev load. The higher load knock in particular would concern me if it continues to show up there. Maybe try a stock filter element or as already mentioned, get a custom tune. More worth it to go Stage 2 if you're amenable to spending the $. Those logs are all part throttle. Usually the more interesting stuff happens at larger throttle openings :)

I'm a newbie here and to subaru. Nothing to be to concerned about? Just ordered an uppipe will be going stage 2 in Febuary when I have the money. Gething tmic bullet proof, killer b oil pick , cobb fuel pump and cobb downpipe... then e tune

So how do I fix it? What's the cause?

Unless you remove the filter you cant do much , you need to get tuned for it. Knock is killer for our engines.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

If switching to a stock paper filter element doesn't help, like others have said you can't really do much yourself. Assuming the knock isn't being caused by something external like a rattling turbo heat shield, the OTS map might be running a bit too much timing or a little too little fuel for your particular car. If that knock continues to show up like that, esp the double count where it heard noise, pulled -2 degrees timing, still heard noise and pulled an additional 2 deg, you could use the AP to pull down timing globally by 2-3 deg but that's not an ideal solution by any means.

Perhaps, but I personally get concerned any time I see a double count correction regardless of the knock correction mode. If I run too much timing or set my boost targets a little too high around the 3000 rpm region, I'll see FBKC almost every time I roll I into WOT in that rpm region. It never registers a FLKC entry at that rpm/load cell for whatever reason. Load is changing rapidly there in my case so that might be part of it. In many logs I've seen FBKC hit while load is rapidly changing and then once the load reaches a settled value I see evidence of FBKC disable (different from application of the FBKC retard increment).

Archived