LegacyGT.com

Tires sizes on a 17 rim

kits gt limited

Can anyone share what winter tire sizes will work on a 17 stock rim?

I have Mich Alpin PA3 215 45 17 on now, and took a srew close to the side wall. These are great tires with 80% tread left. I am on the fence on repairing it. One shop said no problem and another said they wouldn't touch it.

This this repairable?

Also I found a set of winters on 08 wrx rims, will they fit?

Thanks in advance.

20151130_085438.thumb.jpg.b54db1e30a4d1b2db98b0277466dbbdb.jpg

repairable. needs to be done properly from the inside with a patch plug by a reputable tire retailer. Most dealers will only do plugs, you don't want that. You want a vulcanized patch plug from the inside.

As long as you didn't ride on it flat and damage inner sidewall or the screw head hasn't scraped inner sidewall you will be fine.

average patch plug job is $20.

+1 agreed. I'd chime in with the location is fixable, although had the puncture been any closer to the sidewall, the tire would be a gone'r.

The Michelin winter M/S tires you are running,, are truly the way to go . . .

Good luck.

repairable. needs to be done properly from the inside with a patch plug by a reputable tire retailer. Most dealers will only do plugs, you don't want that. You want a vulcanized patch plug from the inside.

As long as you didn't ride on it flat and damage inner sidewall or the screw head hasn't scraped inner sidewall you will be fine.

average patch plug job is $20.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

That nail is still on the "top." I have plugged many tires with some in that area of the tire and even as many as 5 plugs in the same tire. Just get a plug kit and see what happens. If that doesn't work then reconsider your options. Douse the plug with rubber cement before installing the plug. This will lubricate the plug on its way in and create a better seal when its all done. Take it easy for the first couple of rides to see if its going to hold. I'm sure you will be fine. This wont cost you $10 so its worth a shot.

Archived