LegacyGT.com

Installing Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings

Picked up new sway bar end links and the urethane bushings. Part number from Energy Suspension is 19.5105. When they arrived, they are solid, meaning there is no split to wrap around the bar and install the bracket. Do these slide all the way from the ends? I assume that is the only way for them to be installed. Any tips/tricks that would help the install go smoothly?

In addition, any tips on installing the end links? Weight on the front end or suspension at full sag or just some pressure off front end?

Thanks as always!

Picked up new sway bar end links and the urethane bushings. Part number from Energy Suspension is 19.5105. When they arrived, they are solid, meaning there is no split to wrap around the bar and install the bracket. Do these slide all the way from the ends? I assume that is the only way for them to be installed. Any tips/tricks that would help the install go smoothly?

In addition, any tips on installing the end links? Weight on the front end or suspension at full sag or just some pressure off front end?

Thanks as always!

I think you might have ordered the wrong ones. I installed these and they do have a split.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-9-5125G-Stabilizer-Bushing/dp/B000CN9CEK]Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 9.5125G 21mm Stabilizer Bushing: Automotive[/ame]

These are front stock swaybar size.

Tips for the installation. My energy suspension squeaked something terrible. Make sure to wrap the FSB with plumbers tape + Bel Ray grease under where the bushings connect.

Installation should be done with full weight on the front end. Ramps are perfect for this.

I looked at various sites, and the ES site, and all showed the 19.5105 part number as the correct one. Just watched a youtube vid on the install of the 9.5125 and he had to cut the bracket to fit on the passenger side. Doesn't sound like that is correct. Will contact ES and see what they have to say. Definitely use the ramps. Thanks

I have installed both ES and AVO urethane sway bar bushings on my car. One of the AVO bushings was not cut all the way through so I finished the cut with a razor blade. As for the ES bracket you can see here on my 3.0R that it does over hang slightly, but it is not in the way of anything. To add to what OB2.5XT said my friend and I put really thin plastic between the bushing and the FSB.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/98legwag/2009%20%20Legacy%20R/20141122_172153_zpsu8fhjk5z.jpg

Talked to ES and they said they should be split. I double checked by twisting and pulling on both, no go. Definitely not split. I did this while on the phone. Their suggestion, just use a razor blade and make a split at either 3 or 9 o'clock in reference to the mounting flat. Seems easy but not thrilled that they said it was probably missed in production so just do the split yourself. I would think a company like ES would just send out another set to make the customer happy. Couldn't cost them much to this. Maybe some people would just try to get a second set but seems silly for them to worry this much on a low cost item.

Archived