LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy Problem ?

Hey guys so Ive had my legacy for about 3-4 months now and when I first got the car I noticed that there was a big loss of power when driving it especially up hill... I know that A/C can lower your horsepower if youre using it... I turned my A/C off and my car seemed to perform a little better but going up hills it still seemed to struggle a little bit... Ive asked around and people said that it could be dirty fuel or a dirty air filter so I changed my air filter and ran my car till it was almost empty and I filled my tank but it still seems to have that problem... My friend drove my car and he notice the same problem... I dont know too much about cars but anything you guys know will help. Thank you

There could be a lot of different things going on, it's hard to say for sure.

With that said, our non-turbo's aren't the fastest cars out there. I hear A/T legacies are even more sluggish than the MT's, but I've never driven one before. So I guess I'm trying to say that there might not be anything wrong. I looked up the owners manual to see if there was a mode or a switch you could turn on for the AT's, to make the shifting a little more aggressive and give you more uphill power. I didn't see anything like that, but I did come across the image attached below. So to me the way the image is worded, it's almost like subaru acknowledges that you might want to use sport mode for uphill driving, to manually shift to a gear that gives you more power.

It never hurts to do a tune up though. Spark plugs and spark plug wires wouldn't hurt, if you're not sure how many miles are on them.

sport.jpg.b0917dc13131bc80d2f094577363a115.jpg

Archived