LegacyGT.com

Hitting a wall

jaylew

Hey guys,

I'm new here but not to the subie game. Still own my first subie, '96 Legacy OBW 5MT, but recently got an '05 wagon GT limited 5MT. I know pretty much all of what needs to be done to it and how to do it but there is one thing that has me slightly worried. After buying it, when I was driving it home, everything seemed fine as long as I kept the rpm's under 3k-3.5k. But anytime I tried to push the car (test the power), it seemed to hit a wall around 3000 rpm. If it wasn't for the fact that I could hear the engine and see the tac, I would say it felt like the clutch was slipping, but I know that is not the case since the rpm's did not spike what so ever.

Besides that everything seems fine with the drive train. Since this is my first turbo'd car, not sure if that is the problem (I doubt it but then again I've never worked with them before). Also I wonder if it could be fuel pump / pressure or a leaking vacuum line or something. There are no check engine lights or warning indicators that come on when this happens and it happens in every gear.

I wish I found this problem before handing over the money but my test driving was limited to a small parking lot since the car is not currently inspected.

Anyway, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Archived