LegacyGT.com

2.5l 97 oil change, 4.2 or 4.7L oil?

Im about to do an oil change on the wagon before I sell it as its just over due.

How much oil does the 2.5 wagon take?

Any recommendations on oil weight for 235kkm in 15-28 degree celcisus weather?

Also is the oil filter under the car next to the crush washer? I cant see much as it has a big ass pan. Presume I should remove that first.

Do I need a new crush washer or just use the old one?

If it is indeed under the car, thats a damn easy spot to remove compared to some knuckle grazing spots in small 4cyls Ive done.

UNDER the car...look up by the oil pan and you'll see it.

I didn't think the '97 had a plastic cover (PAN?) like the newer models...maybe up north yours do? Shouldn't be anything in the way of accessing either the drain bolt (17mm) or the oil filter.

NEW Crush washer isn't necessary, IMHO. I don't change them and they don't leak.

But Since you've not done an oil change on this car, maybe get a new washer.

Oil should be 5W-30 for that car. Probably states that on the oil cap? Some do.

GL,

Td

Im not in the states. Its a 250t, the model that had all the bells and whistles like adjustable air suspension. Definitely has a plastic pan, cant be hard to remove if I need to. Dont want to invest in wheel mounts to drive onto as in an apartment garage. probably shouldnt do it just jacked up though. i could but the outer tyre on the spare wheel for a dodgy way to give me some room under the car?

damn i wish it was 4l not 4.3, that extra 300ml costs twice the price of 4l, plus i have to find a spare 5l bottle to discard of it.

it might actually work out cheaper to do run it through one of these quick lube and filter places we have here, if not only $20 probably in it due to the extra oil needed.

Archived