LegacyGT.com

Help: Uninstall/Install DP for Emissions?

scottybuckeye

Thank you Ragman! I have failed twice in the past with the aftermarket DP (and thus had to scramble to find help to throw the stock DP on)

Do you think I would now pass with these new rules you speak of?

At the risk of appearing an idiot, what is a fast pass? I don't know how this all works. (FYI I have tags that are now expired).

Thanks for any help out there!!!

They changed the rules on the front range starting in 2015. The basics are for 2005 and newer if you you don't have ECU check engine lights, you get a pass with no sniffing and no run on the dyno.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Funny how I just ran across this thread. Was looking to get a hi-flow catted DP for emission this year and didn't realized they changed the rules. Any link to the details? Good too see some long timer still around.

Answering my own question above.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/emissions-testing-changes-2015

An interesting point:

Vehicles manufactured beginning in 1982 that are at least 12 years old will be inspected using the “I/M 240” dynamometer (treadmill) test.

In 2016, this requirement applies to model year 1982 through 2005 vehicles and so on.

A check engine light on a vehicle at least 12 years old may still pass if the I/M 240 test can be run and the car can pass the test. An advisory may be issued.

I think this means if you need to do your emission testing in 2016 and you have a '05 LGT you still need to do the dyno test. Basically as your car hits 12 years old the dyno test will be required from then on. So unfortunately not a free pass forever.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived