LegacyGT.com

New exhaust?

Ive been fighting a P420 code for about a year until I put some cat clean something or other from advanced auto. The CEL would come on every 1-3 weeks. Since I put the cat clean fluid in which is about a 6 weeks ago, I haven't had a CEL for P420. This morning a P2096 code came on which I havent had an issue with. No mods, a new short block and turbo about 2 months/3k ago. New mass air,front and rear O2 sensors... All Denso parts. The exhaust is a little rusty but all of the joints do not appear as though they are leaking.

About 8 months ago I had some clown do a valve job due to a burnt valve and ive always questioned the power since I got it back from him. Well about 6 months after he worked on the car the top of a piston broke off. So new short block and turbo was installed. I still question the power. Every once in a while when you mash the throttle it falls on its face and back fires. Idles ok. In all of my years ive never seen a cat go bad but im questioning if I have a partially plugged cat. Im contemplating buying a new header back aftermarket exhaust. However I don't want to listen to the noise of a loud exhaust. Anyone have a direction to point me in?

No. Im not sure whether I should go with an Access Port of just go with an tune from one of the guys from this site

Your gonna need an accessport to get a tune from someone on the site. You can use the off the shelf map on the accessport until you decide who you want to tune it.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

No. Im not sure whether I should go with an Access Port of just go with an tune from one of the guys from this site

The Accessport is nice because it works as a multigauge/datalogger in addition to allowing you to load tunes on the car. Expensive? Yup, if you know everything is good to go, you'd save some money loading an open source tune on the car. I've used mine more as a diagnostic tool than anything else.

Archived