LegacyGT.com

Northeast Regional Rep for Subaru

mass-hole

My buddy has a bone stock '13 WRX 5 door with just over 90k miles that has had a misfire on one of the cylinders. He has been taking it to the dealer he bought it from to try and run this down and has spent over $2000 and it still has not been fixed. What I know has been done in an attempt to fix:

Plugs

Coils

timing Belt

Leak down test

Replaced entire Engine wiring harness(?)

Something with the intake manifold; I believe they removed it and replaced gaskets in case of leaks

Now they are telling him the heads are bad and need to be replaced for $6000. They say that he should just drive it and keep clearing the codes instead of trying to fix it. This seems like they are stringing him along and really have no clue what is wrong. They are just throwing parts at it.

I was hoping to help him get this elevated because they are taking a substantial amount of money from him and not fixing it. Does anyone know where I can get the contact info for the regional subaru rep for New England or more specifically Massachusetts.

I don't see injectors on that list. That should have come immediately after plugs and coils. Probably was, but if not, I'd have him check that.

He hasn't been giving me the play by play and has been doing what they tell him, which is the biggest mistake I think. I am just hoping to get him some help before he pours more money into it.

Archived