LegacyGT.com

DRL switch from low beams to high beams

Right now I have some JDM projectors installed in my 96 Legacy. I'm about to do the JDM to USDM beam conversion. I also want to put some HID's in the low beam once I've done the conversion. While I would love to put in a set of FX-R's in here, I can't justify the expense. I have an old HID kit lying around that will work, once I get a new H1 bulb.

I have done a bit of extra modifications on the lighting system so that the DRL lights work (they are on the low beam by default), in addition to having both lows and highs on when the high beams are switched on. It required an extra relay to accomplish but it works. Now that I want to put in some HID's, I don't want to use those for DRLs. What I would like to do is take the output from the DRL module and move the connection to the high beams. Anyone know where to find the location of the appropriate relays, wiring, etc to do this? Alternatively, I could move the DRL to a set of LED driving lights I already have installed on the car. Just need access to the right wire.

Archived