LegacyGT.com

Outback Mod Guide 05-09

on mine the only thing that rubbed with stock lgt struts was the tire-strut, in that case an offsett that was closer to negative would keep you from rubbing the strut. but as mentioned above its tougher on bearings and require some fender rolling

im currently running swift springs, 245 45 17 tires on 17x7.5 and believe it or not a +15 offset !

keep in mind its an outback so i have flairs and it dosn't stick out past the body, i did have to cut the crap out of the metal fenders underneath though when i added the swift springs

ps this link is best ive ever seen for wheel sizing/offset guide

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Thanks awesome info guys. So would suspension from an 05 sedan work for an 06 obxt? I never carry anything in the back of that is an issue between sedan and wagon suspension.

Yes, but add a 3/8in to 1/2in spacer to the rear to get it to sit level.

i would highly recomend using a spring helper or a booster/spacer that goes between the strut and spring or between coils of the springs. using saggy but spacers does nothing to gain stiffness, or increase the usable strok of the strut. by using to short or weak of a spring, the strut will be closer to bottoming out at a resting height, this will cause a rough ride and wear the struts out very quickly.

Archived