LegacyGT.com

Insurance on a Legacy GT is ridiculously cheap

I'm an old fart with a clean driving record.

Back in the 80s, I had my first new car out of college. A 1986 VW GTi. My insurance quotes from the big companies like State Farm for me (24 yrs old) were on the order of $3-4k/yr. Utlmately Geico insured me for $1300/yr.

I move to DC and in1988 looked at Porsche 944s. A two year old Porsche 944 cost me half the cost of insuring two year old GTi. Made sense. The Porsche owner gro9up was older and less stupid at driving than the young people that owned GTis.

You go to hell :lol:

$1060 annual here :(

$600 annual with full coverage. Actually surprised being that im in NY where everything is more. But my brother pays like $420 every six months for his 04 sti for full coverage and hes older .

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

So pretty much, all you older folks who drive the LGT and never get into accidents are saving me money?

Well thanks guys!

Yeah, grow old and life gets better and worse for you at the same time.

There are a lot of factors at play here actually that 100% explain why Legacy is cheaper.

1. Civics are very popular, which means they are a very high theft risk too
  2. Civics are driven by a lot of young inexperienced drivers
  3. Civics are considered budget cars, they don't have the safety bells and whistles, also crash test rating is probably worse (Legacy's are very safe by design).
  4. Legacys tend to attract older more responsible folks, GT's are very sleeper and don't attract the younger crowds like WRX's do.
  5. Legacys have a ton of safety features, ton of airbags and daytime running lights

From my math, legacy is costing me around $40/month for full coverage. But I live in a small city and am over 25.

no one steals a newer civic, they all have pass key since about 2001 or so

Where you live, what your driving history is are the two largest factors, what you drive is third.

With my 2 car discount my 03 Legacy is about $400 every six for full coverage including glass at $500 deductible. The 2002 Acura CL type S comes in at $550 with the same coverage. if I paid in installments it would be $540 and $707 respectively... forget that... I am 46, married and no tickets in the last 8 years

Yea your right but here in Ontario not sure about other states the insurance is not regulated, so it falls to the agent to give you a quote based on a scale but ultimately depends on what type of day that agent is having and what kind of mood they are in. Hence the reason I a said to call up a few different ones as they will give you different quotes.

So calling one might and saying its a red car will put you in a different price then calling another one in a different part of the city. Try it

It's also my first policy since I got off my parent's insurance, so there's a chance that I'm getting penalized in some way for that.

Either way, seems like I'm actually getting a decent enough deal for a not-quite 25 year old male with a clean driving record. I can still knock it down some with a defensive driving course when I get around to it. Still cheaper than leasing something boring.

Yea your right but here in Ontario not sure about other states the insurance is not regulated, so it falls to the agent to give you a quote based on a scale but ultimately depends on what type of day that agent is having and what kind of mood they are in. Hence the reason I a said to call up a few different ones as they will give you different quotes.

So calling one might and saying its a red car will put you in a different price then calling another one in a different part of the city. Try it

I get what your saying especially about the depends on what mood they are in. but I have done several quotes and they don't even ask for the color of the car. They may ask for the vin which would tell them the color but you can just say your looking at x model/year and not sure on an exact vehicle yet.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

alex@jdmprestigemotors.com

My insurance seems to stay roughly the same. I went from an 06 Legacy 2.5i to a 14 WRX hatch and now an 05 OBXT. My insurance has barely changed

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I pay 409 for full coverage on my '08 2.5i,

107 for the 98 GT wagon

and

125 for a 96 Dodge Dakota

The last two are just basic coverage.

minus 75 for paying every six months in full.

I'm 27 with a clean driving record.

Archived