LegacyGT.com

Please Help!!! Car gas pedal will not work :(

So , I drove my 2008 2.5i home for lunch, car started, went in gear like normal, car was fine no weird issues.

Problem: I get in my car, start it up, put it in gear like normal, all seems fine until I hit the gas and nothing. The RPM’s do not move, but the car is pulling up my small drive way hill. I then turn around in my street, pedal to the floor and the car is doing 3 MPH. With the car in park it just revs to 2200 RPM’s :eek:. The gas pedal does not work what so ever :confused:. Note: the car is DBW (drive by wire). I saw the check engine light was on when I first jump in to leave but did not have time to pull out my tools to read and check the transmission or what it could have been.

Does anyone know of this happening? Car drive’s great and all of a sudden it in some type of limp mode. I am at work and drove my trusty Outback. All help would be great. I am hitting the google now :lol:. Thanks

PSS After work, I will be checking EVERYTHING,, including fluids.

How about the throttle position sensor? Sounds like you need a new one or it just needs a quick reset. First thing is to clear the code and see if it comes back (assuming that's your only code). Either clear it with a device or pull the negative battery terminal and pump the brake (10 times IIRC). GL!

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

RWebb, I was typing fast cause I am on a tablet at work, sorry. No I am not in STL anymore. :rolleyes:

I did find out what the issues could be incase some other Outback or Legacy people come across the same issue.

Fixes:

Check connections first, this is a temp fix. This could fix the limp mode pedal for 2 weeks or a year. I have been reading that it can come back. A full replacement of the assembly does the trick.

accelerator pedal assembly part #36010Ag021

I will up date soon. Thanks

Archived