LegacyGT.com

Smokey.. Advice needed

Alright folks, advice needed. I have about 161K on my 05 Legacy GT auto (I know, I know). My nephew and I replaced the heater core at about 100k, and my nephew and I replaced the blown turbo at 125k ish. we put in the VF47, perrin up pipe, access port out of box tune, oil cooler, water pump, timing belt, new plugs. I change the oil every 3k with royal purple (not a thread to debate oil). Anyway, a couple months ago I got the flashing cruise light and check engine light. It... was misfire cylinder 3, and then after sitting for a day or two I drove the car and it got real smokey. You could smell it, you could see it lofting up from the intercooler opening in the hood. It went away, and didn't come back. Well it didn't until last week. It sat for two days and I started it up drove for a bit and at a red light it was Spicoli coming out of the pot van. I have checked all belts, hoses and fluids. Oil was a hair lower than full. everything else was normal.

. Oh and the cruise doesn't work....

Thanks!

Did the blown turbo make contact with the housing? Did you drop the oil pan to inspect for metal flakes after that turbo blew?

It did make contact, that is why we replaced the oil cooler. We did drop the pan and look for flakes. Cleaned the pan, and changed the oil and filter at 100 miles, 200 miles, 300 miles 400 miles, and at 500 miles. Then every 500 miles until 3000k. There was small amounts of gold flake in the oil, up until 500 miles. after that it was pretty clean.

It did make contact, that is why we replaced the oil cooler. We did drop the pan and look for flakes. Cleaned the pan, and changed the oil and filter at 100 miles, 200 miles, 300 miles 400 miles, and at 500 miles. Then every 500 miles until 3000k. There was small amounts of gold flake in the oil, up until 500 miles. after that it was pretty clean.

Yep similar to my situation and still needed a new engine. Turbo gave the motor and possibly the new turbo Subaru AIDS. Did you pull the banjo filters and look at them?

Archived