LegacyGT.com

Replacement iphone screen rapidly draining battery.

Andy_Mac

Anyone had a problem like this before? Replaced the screen on my brothers girlfriends phone, whole setup not just glass, and since then its apparently been draining a whole charge in about half a night even when sitting there doing nothing.

Haven't had much luck searching for similar issues on the net, people tend to give just the same standard software answers they always give when people ask about phone discharging too fast and nothing that really relates to a possible hardware issue.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

The replacement should be under warranty, go back and complain.

Often the replacement is "refurbished", and may have been replaced just because of the issue you experience and then been through someone not testing that part.

453747.png

Seems to be the far less than helpfull answer the ever so friendly apple community gives. Smashed screens aren't a warrentable issue anyway and if apple doesn't sell them there really is no other way around it.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

having replaced a few iphone and ipod screens in my day, i cant say ive ever ran across this issue before. im trying to figure where it would possibly draw power from without the screen being on. is it on and at "black" state, or is it truly off? if it is on with no actual color, it uses the same amount of power as full color, and there is likely a ribbon out of place or nicked somewhere

Archived