LegacyGT.com

Replacing OEM Side Mirror (Passenger)

So I broke my passenger side mirror (06 LGT) and purchased an OEM replacement from the member classifieds 2005-2009. Well silly me, I assumed all of the 05-09 parts would be interchangeable (especially because both have the same part number). Go forward to installation and everything fits in perfectly except the harness. The replacement mirror (which I am assuming is a 2005, waiting for the seller to confirm) is a 10 pin harness while the 2006 (broken mirror) was an 8 pin harness. Anybody run into this issue? Or have an FSM that could identify the wires for me? Thanks for any insight.

Update: Found the "vacation pics", but looks like the 2005 is also an 8 pin.

I'm pretty sure the 05-07 mirrors are interchangeable but not the 08-09 because I believe it was a change in the mirror wiring IIRC. I have a set of 8 pin mirrors at home (I think and will check tonight). That I could either sell you, or swap with you. They have white covers so not sure what your covers are but the just pop off. They came off my 07 Spec B when I installed my JDM power mirrors. I am almost positive they are 8 pin because I remember having to modify my socket in the car to fit the larger connector.

My LGT is an 06, and has heated mirrors, so I don't think that would be the extra wires. The seller wasn't sure on the year, but thinks the additional wiring is for a power folding function. I took the old mirror housing apart and my plan is to just reverse engineer it to see which wires control the power folding and the heated function. I believe I'm just going to repin the replacement mirror using the harness from the broken one and just insulate the extra wires. Theoretically that would work right?

My LGT is an 06, and has heated mirrors, so I don't think that would be the extra wires. The seller wasn't sure on the year, but thinks the additional wiring is for a power folding function. I took the old mirror housing apart and my plan is to just reverse engineer it to see which wires control the power folding and the heated function. I believe I'm just going to repin the replacement mirror using the harness from the broken one and just insulate the extra wires. Theoretically that would work right?

Here's the thread for converting to power mirrors. I noticed my pictures are down at the end from some differences I noticed. I'll fix the links. But in the thread there's all the info you should need.

So it basically sounds like you have a JDM mirror, with the power folding function as you mentioned earlier. Easiest thing to do might be this, just cut off the extra 2 pin as mentioned in the thread below. Or just splice the old connector off the broken mirror, and splice them together using the other info he mentions in the post below. I think this is the thread streetlegal meant to link to also by the way.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4154451&postcount=55

So it basically sounds like you have a JDM mirror, with the power folding function as you mentioned earlier. Easiest thing to do might be this, just cut off the extra 2 pin as mentioned in the thread below. Or just splice the old connector off the broken mirror, and splice them together using the other info he mentions in the post below. I think this is the thread streetlegal meant to link to also by the way.

shit I guess I forgot the link :lol: But the link you posted is exactly how I did mine. Just cut the edge of the connector in my car and repinned the wiring to work right.

shit I guess I forgot the link :lol: But the link you posted is exactly how I did mine. Just cut the edge of the connector in my car and repinned the wiring to work right.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Archived