LegacyGT.com

Coilovers for 2005 Legacy

Dubb

So i was looking around and I cant really find decent priced coilovers... I was just wondering if anyone knows if maybe like impreza coilovers or maybe even wrx coilovers could fit my car ?

You will need coilovers for a legacy. There's plenty of coilovers out there and large price differences as well. Coilovers are one thing you don't want to be cheap with or any suspension piece for that matter. There usually always decent deals on used coilovers here. There was a really nice deal on some kw's not long ago.

So i was looking around and I cant really find decent priced coilovers... I was just wondering if anyone knows if maybe like impreza coilovers or maybe even wrx coilovers could fit my car ?

what do you consider a decent price?

• 3 weeks later...

That's a loaded question...hahaha.

Using the powers of the internet you may find prices between $500 all the way up to $3000 depending where you go. Sometimes a better choice is what is your budget and what are you really hoping to do?

with a 2.5i, not sure what c/o are going to fix for you. $1000 is ballpark for new "cheap" c/o. Used cheap c/o can be had for as little as $250.

At $2000, you get into well made c/o. At $4000-10000, you get into custom.

Where would you like to be? And what are you trying to fix? C/o on a Legacy do not solve any problems. In nearly all cases they cause more. A better ride can be had be replacing springs & struts.

The general consensus on this forum is that KW Variant 2, or the slightly more aggressive cousin to that product, the RCE Tarmac 1's are the BEST bang for the buck in terms of quality, price and specs.

Actually though, I have to agree, I love my KW's moreso than the Spec B. suspension and even Swifts (which are also widely regarded as a great set of springs).

I've heard great things about the fortune coils if you're looking for something a step down from the KWs. And under that would be the BCs, and under that the rest of the crap on the internet.

Archived