LegacyGT.com

Rod Knock or Pistion Slap? Something else?

It's definitely not piston slap. I took my timing cover off and i noticed my belt moving side to side. Next week im heading down to my buddies shop and were gonna tear into everything and figure it out some more. I'll be replacing the tensioner just cause and my clutch cause its the original one

Also when i rev the engine from the throttle cable when the knock happens I can feel it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is getting worse -_-

I got on it with the engine steth and even when it's warm and I can't hear any ticking/tapping/knocking I can hear a lot of noise when I put the steth right here..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/phantommaggotxxx/02%20LGT%20wagon/IMG_20160617_123818728_zpsclxmxggc.jpg~original

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have this exact noise in my ej251, and I've put 30,000KM on it, including drag racing, tracking, towing cars (Don't judge me.) and generally beating the piss out of it constantly. So, I don't think it's fatal, but it's not a concern for me, as when this blows, I have an excuse to finally get my body harness made and finish my sti swap.

Archived