LegacyGT.com

Possibly moving to '05 LGT, Questions

fuparrante

Hi all,

Just joined because I could possibly moving into the LGT world from a NA Impreza (2010). I know you shouldn't trade older, but I wanted an exact trade on the car and this is what I can do.

As of the moment I am looking at this:

http://www.familytrucksandvans.com/vehicle.cfm?vehicleID=222832530

And the carfax is on the website too:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DLL_0&vin=4S3BL676454225406

I am bringing it to a mechanic when I go look at it, but I just wanted to get some opinions from Legacy people. Thank you for any help!

You should look up Nada pricing for that car. Nada says clean retail at that mileage is 8,425.

I would not consider that car "clean retail" I would start with the NADA price and start reassessing their price from there. The haze in the headlights needs to be fixed. The drivers seat is in rough condition. If they do not have evidence that the timing belt has been replaced, the price should be adjusted factoring in the cost of that work too.

Maybe you can score the car for $3,000 :)

According to the carfax report, none of the work logged indicates that the tbelt was done.

Btw, welcome to the site!

Look at the cars for sale section of this site, you would probably find better luck getting one in better condition.

I am looking into a 05 GT as well with 107K. I agree with PeterJMC try to get them to change the timing belt , idlers and water pump...it says its a 105K concern but that $800 for a Subaru dealership to do ( roughly $325 in parts) so figure that into your purchase price.

You should look up Nada pricing for that car. Nada says clean retail at that mileage is 8,425.

I would not consider that car "clean retail" I would start with the NADA price and start reassessing their price from there. The haze in the headlights needs to be fixed. The drivers seat is in rough condition. If they do not have evidence that the timing belt has been replaced, the price should be adjusted factoring in the cost of that work too.

Maybe you can score the car for $3,000 :)

$3000? NADA rough trade in is around $4K. i think he can get them down to about $7K, maybe $6.5K if there are no 100k mi service records.

$3000? NADA rough trade in is around $4K. i think he can get them down to about $7K, maybe $6.5K if there are no 100k mi service records.

The $3,000 was not a serious comment. Sorry. I agree with you that talking them down to $6.5k to $7k is absolutely a reasonable target.

If you can get a deal from an owner that would be better at least from a history point of view.

Personally I would want a cold start, a leak down test, and compression test. Otherwise just feeling out the trans and basic ride and handling to determine what needs work.

A couple of long ish test drives as well. Something around 15 to 20 min to give the ecm time to set any cel that may have been reset recently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Archived