LegacyGT.com

New to Subaru could use some help P0458

I have an 05 legacy Gt auto with around 162k. I have had this for about 2 month and I have already about $2k in it of fixing problems and short cuts by the last owner. Yesterday I have uncovered a new problem, I pulled a P0458 code. I've looked around on the forums. Has anybody came across this issue and how did you fix it? Purge Control solenoid valve. I have replaced the mass airflow sensor. I also cleaned The terminals on the purge solenoid . Help please

Sometimes when looking for the solution to a problem, I'll look at other subaru message boards, impreza, outback, etc.. I came across the thread below, and he said replacing that purge valve fixed his problem.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/help-obd2-reads-p0458-evaporative-emission-control-system-purge-control-valve-79632/

After searching parts.subaru.com, i came across two valves, MSRP for one is $46, $84 for the other. $46 and $84 is a fair amount of money.. But I'd still probably try replacing the valve to see if that fixes it.

Sometimes when looking for the solution to a problem, I'll look at other subaru message boards, impreza, outback, etc.. I came across the thread below, and he said replacing that purge valve fixed his problem.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/help-obd2-reads-p0458-evaporative-emission-control-system-purge-control-valve-79632/

After searching parts.subaru.com, i came across two valves, MSRP for one is $46, $84 for the other. $46 and $84 is a fair amount of money.. But I'd still probably try replacing the valve to see if that fixes it.

Thanks man, that was honestly my next move. There has been some people saying replacing the pcv valve fixed it, but I thought that was kinda off. The subi has a Perrin intake hose on it also I'm trying to figure out the mess. I'll update when I get the parts in.

Archived