LegacyGT.com

Wagons and resale

I test drove a 2.5GT Limited 5mt this weekend. I'll spare you the "holy cow!" details, as you all know them already. I'm really considering the wagon, though. I'm coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I make use of the storage space. So, the question at hand is the whole wagon stigma that the U.S. has. If I decide to sell the car in a few years, will the fact that it's a wagon be detrimental? I'm hoping not, since there seems to be a wagon push in the market (Chrysler Magnum, Volvos, BMWs, etc.)

I can't speak any more intelligently than this, but the WRX wagon (that is going to be traded in for a leg wagon) is on the top 10 resale value cars. Also, with the popularity of the Mazda 3 wagon and it's predecessor, I bet that resells well too. I do know that Jeep resale is awful, not to mention build quality. My mom can't give her JGC away. GeoB

[quote name='canis']So, the question at hand is the whole wagon stigma that the U.S. has. If I decide to sell the car in a few years, will the fact that it's a wagon be detrimental? I'm hoping not, since there seems to be a wagon push in the market (Chrysler Magnum, Volvos, BMWs, etc.)[/quote] Wagons are the future in North America! Plus, the legacy wagon looks very very nice, better than the sedan IMO (sorry for you sedan owners). The wagon gives you the added practicality without having to compromise on handling and performance. The secret in maintaining resale value is to provide the best maintenance possible to your car and keeping it looking "near mint" condition, trust me, it will pay off!!!

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Archived