LegacyGT.com

How do I remove the bumper reinforcement?

illt3ck

Nope......just 4 bolts hold it on......=)

You gotta take off the Grill (2 popits, 2 bolts) then the bumper....lots of popits and a few bolts (don't forget the ones in the wheel well behind the plastic). Then you have to remove the black things under the headlights, then you can take off our STD's....(yes all our subies have them...:D you'll see what I mean when you get there)......then take off the bumper beam.

I've taken it off 3 times in the last two weeks.....it's real easy, just gotta find all the bolts to everything...just like a lil puzzle...;) Takes me about 20 mins to get it all off now

Awesome to know that I need to take those headlight support frames off. Turned out that the beam was damaged to the point I couldn't fit a socket back there so I'll have to try again when I find my 12mm wrench.

Anyone have any idea how much the support beam costs?

Thanks for the help!

Someone backed into me in a parking lot and pushed the bumper out on the passenger side. I wanted to investigate the damage beyond the bumper skin so I took it off and found out that the passenger side of the bumper reinforcement beam was crushed and split part of it into the foglight cover area. So I broke away the broken pieces and refit the bumper back onto the car so it looked as it should. Hence, "doing a little bodywork". :)

Doing a little body work?! how does that involve taking off the bumper beam? Other than making room for a FMIC i cant see why'd you need to take it off.

Or have you ordered a JDM front bumper and need to hack up the beam to make room.

Someone backed into me in a parking lot and pushed the bumper out on the passenger side. I wanted to investigate the damage beyond the bumper skin so I took it off and found out that the passenger side of the bumper reinforcement beam was crushed and split part of it into the foglight cover area. So I broke away the broken pieces and refit the bumper back onto the car so it looked as it should. Hence, "doing a little bodywork". :)

wow sounds serious?! and you trust that the rebent bumper is still structurely sound?

doing all of this yourself was easier than making the insurance claim and having a body shop do it for you? (since it sounds like it wasnt your fault in the first place)

wow sounds serious?! and you trust that the rebent bumper is still structurely sound?

doing all of this yourself was easier than making the insurance claim and having a body shop do it for you? (since it sounds like it wasnt your fault in the first place)

There's no damage the the bumper skin surprisingly (except for it being pushed out. I do not trust the metal beam in the bumper but i wanted to fix it for the time being (as I couldn't reach the bolts on the left due to the beam being crunched). I fully intend on ordering a new bumper reinforcement beam to replace the existing damaged one .. in fact I'm calling Subaru right now!

The reason I did it myself is the bodyshop wanted to charge me $120 just to do what I did in 1hr so I saved money that way. Even though the damage is not my fault I would still have to pay my deductible for comprehensive damage. ($500) to get it fixed at a bodyshop.

Archived