LegacyGT.com

Stock to Catted DP + Catback

thunderfox

Hi all,

I am thinking of going from stock to a used Invidia Catted DP + Ebay catback (link). I have a few questions:

1) Can I reuse the gaskets from turbo to DP? I've done some searching and have seen yes or no but with no justification. The catted DP I have in mind has had 19k on it.

2) Where does the donut gasket that keeps getting mentioned go? The DP is 3" and the ebay catback is also 3", so I'm not sure where the 2.5" donut goes.

3) Should everything bolt up right? Am I missing something?

Thanks

1. technically yes, but if the gasket has been on ther for a long time, it may not come off in good shape. its best just to get a new gasket.

2. if the DP and the cat back both use a 3" connection to each other, you wont need the donut gasket. instead buy a 3" standard exhaust gasket to mate them together using regular bolts.

3. yes, assuming the parts are made reasonably well. when you mix aftermarket parts, there is a tendency for things not to fit so well, especailly when parts are cheap like Ebay stuff, but in theory the parts are designed to work the way you are intending to.

Archived