LegacyGT.com

K & N Panel\WO resenator (review)

Well to start I have been acquiring parts to install. I got two K & N Panel filters. One for my Legacy and one for the Outback. The Outback My wife drive so I did not take the resonator off.

Small Review:

Install : Easy of course. Take out old filter (10 dollar STP) replace with new filter (34 dollar K & N). I am a part guy so I get my stuff at cost, just incase your wondering why I just buy stuff. PSS (I clean the MAF also)

Well The start up was nice and I did not tell a big difference since my mufflers (Axle Back Hung Li cans from Amazon) are deep at 1.5k idle. Once the car came down to normal, I could tell it had changed the exhaust note. The car was a bit deeper.:) I do like cause it was not that loud for just axle back. (People always think its an L-GT:mad:)

The test drive was easy at first. I drove for about 25 miles to make sure things were fine. I hit the boulevard and drove more and then I spotted a 04 looking ZO6 beast (which I did not know it was that nasty cause it was behind me.

There was no racing people. (So no need to flame) :lol: He was riding my ass, so I put the nifty Controller in SP7 with the car in sport and flat footed the car. I could here the K & N working hard between 3k-5k. The sound was deeper and pulled stronger. I took it to 7 and slowed down. Note: this was on a back stix road. :)

He caught up flew past and I punched it as I saw him and could not hear my car :eek: lolol

All in all I got a thumbs up and I gave him one. It cam down between the K & N or the AVO panel. The K & N was cheaper. I am going to try to get gas mile once I get a full tank. If you looking for a good filter I recommend.:)

Thanks for reading. More

Archived