LegacyGT.com

Borla (style) UEL header, midpipe, and single exit exhaust questions.

alright so i have done a lot of reading about exhausts on here lately and i have some questions, mainly to clarify and 1 because it just popped into my brain.

i have an 07 legacy 2.5i wagon. the flex section of the stock exhaust manifold is leaking, plus i'd like to have UEL because i'm a ricer (not really, but there is no need for it) soooo.....

1) if i used the 05 and older style borla (or rep) UEL header obviously it would not work with my stock midpipe. if i got a midpipe from an 05 OR a 2.5rs would this bolt up to my stock catback would would i need to do this flange mod?? and are the 05 legacy and 2.5rs catpipes the same??

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2892849&postcount=340

2) is there an option from another subaru that would replace my catback but only have a single exit instead of the y pipe to dual mufflers??? (this was the question that just popped into my head as i was starting this)

i'd sort of like to do a single exit exhaust, and i could just hack up my y pipe but if i could do it without chopping up stock parts it would be a bonus.

thanks for your help. i know there is a lot of info out there and i've seen a lot of it but i'm still new to the platform and just wanted some clarification!

edit: i'm aware of the option to modify the LGT manifold but that doesn't look interesting to me at the moment.

Archived