LegacyGT.com

Potentially getting back in the 4th gen LGT game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the realistic figure that your uncle wants to sell it for to a private party if you don't end up buying it?

How much would he sell it to you for?

IF the mechanical stuff checks out fine and the price is right, so you can take care of the body work, I don't see why you shouldn't buy it. The question would then be, do you want to deal with the body work.

he'll give it to me fore the $2k. I can take my time with the body if i keep it. maybe find a door skin for the driver front door.

I still need to do the due diligence on the engine. that will be a deciding factor.

^yes. I sure did. First im checking if i can find some pristine parts of a junkyard car.

This would be a great winter car, but then again, so is my OB Sedan, and that is more reliable in the long term. So i dont really need a winter car. The way i see it, if this car's mechanics are good, and i do decide to keep it, i would do a modest stage 3 build. Somthing along the lines of EL hedders+UP, DP, Mid/Y pipe, stock mufflers, jmp52 or 16G or similar, TMIC, FP, Injectors, Hexmod VB, AP and tune for reliability. would end up being a great commuter/ highway blaster and still be nice and quiet.

I know, but never look at DD as an investment. And I can't replace my LGT for $3500, plus the time & cost of swapping all my mods over to another LGT.

Dents & scuffs don't bother me with the age & miles I have on my car. But when the rust started to bleed threw the paint on the rear quarters. I knew I hand to make I choice to get it fix or let it go.

Good luck in finding matching body parts & the rest mite buff out for you. To help keep your cost down.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

yeah, but i dont need a DD to "invest in" per se since i have my OB SDN. this LGT would fill a very specific roll as a second cheap fun all year power car since my other fun car is a MX-5 for autox duty and wont do too well in the winter without taking out my autox suspension stuff.

we'll see what turns up body wise. in the meantime i need to spend ~800 in parts just to get it road worthy. needs brakes, wheel bearings and a side view mirror housing to pass inspection which is due this month. And that's not including the engine block tests.

Id prob go a similar route as you posted above

Id say with patience and a lil luck

You can easily source body parts for cheap

I mean

Its black

**** it plastidip dat sheeit

I def think equal length headers are the way to go

Itll prob be a great beater!

Id prob go a similar route as you posted above

Id say with patience and a lil luck

You can easily source body parts for cheap

I mean

Its black

**** it plastidip dat sheeit

I def think equal length headers are the way to go

Itll prob be a great beater!

I agree with rapture. $2k isn't a bad deal for a second car if the mechanics check out and you aren't in the #YNANSB club. Cosmetic stuff can be fixed later and having a good all weather back up car would be nice.

And if you're really bored, plastidip it like he said. Always peels off and if the paints in bad shape anyway you wouldn't even notice.

• 3 months later...

Archived