LegacyGT.com

Should I buy an 08 Legacy 2.5?

Just like the title says, should I? I'll be buying it used from a dealer, I currently have an 01 LLBean Outback, gonna trade her in, too much rust. Besides looking for an rust which I doubt I'll find on a dealer car, what should I look for, any problems with these cars? Good after market support, fun to drive? All feedback welcomed! Thanks

Sorry about that! It was a non turbo 2.5i. But it sold. And now they have a 2010 six speed legacy non turbo 2.5 on hold for me. So I guess I'm in the wrong forum now!

You will be back. May not be for a few more years but we will most likely still be here.

I just bought a 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 2.5L SOHC EJ253 H4. Loving it in the week I have had it. Time to figure out what to change on it... Hmm

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Just about all the fluids and depending on miles timing belt.

I just bought a 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 2.5L SOHC EJ253 H4. Loving it in the week I have had it. Time to figure out what to change on it... Hmm

Congrats on the new car! Make sure to keep an eye on the engine oil level, some legacies like to consume quite a bit of oil. I typically go through 1 - 2 quarts over a 4,000mi-5,000mi period, depending on outside temperature and driving style.

Ehh you have one problem, you bought an NA Subaru. You'll have to spend big $$$ to get more performance from it.

You could spend some on suspension upgrades (swaybars, endlinks, shocks/springs). But IMO I would enjoy it as-is, because it's not built to be a performance car.

Unless you gonna spend tons of money on it, just build it for looks. A lot of nice 2.5i's in here.

Thanks! Now to figure out where to begin on that. I wish buying car parts was as easy as buying computer parts

Ehh you have one problem, you bought an NA Subaru. You'll have to spend big $$$ to get more performance from it.

You could spend some on suspension upgrades (swaybars, endlinks, shocks/springs). But IMO I would enjoy it as-is, because it's not built to be a performance car.

Unless you gonna spend tons of money on it, just build it for looks. A lot of nice 2.5i's in here.

I'm with them, looks and handling. Maybe even ICE but that's about it.

Any "cheap" suggestions on how to make this car even more fun and get more performance out of it without busting my college fund?

I have an 08 NA special edition as well. If you want to go fast trade it in for a GT...it will be a lot cheaper. A couple of low to mid cost things you can do are control arm and sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, shifter bushings, and some new struts & springs. I would change the trans and diff fluids if you don't have record of it getting done along with rad flush. I just put these plugs and wires on and have been very happy with them.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/NGK-Iridium-Spark-Plugs-BKR5EIX/dp/B00I9680Y0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442524249&sr=8-2&keywords=BKR5EIX-11]Plugs[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/NGK-55004-FX101-Spark-Plug/dp/B001RLZ6FU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442524176&sr=8-2&keywords=FX101]Wires[/ame]

Endlinks

Archived