LegacyGT.com

Well... I think i have an abused crank and not so perfect timing. Video in post.

So if ya haven't been following my endeavors... i pulled the front half of my motor apart for timing reasons. What i "think i" found out is scary. I have a damn near sheared crank gear, and its off about 90 degrees to the cam timing. Can anyone confirm this? I just watched the video... after i put my car back together, so i didn't know how bad of a camera man i am. Sorry for the jumbly vid.

Hopefully it uploads. It says 45 minutes left... but i cant wait. I gotta go deliver pizzas.

surprisingly your timing looks pretty close to right.

but it is really hard to see.

in the beginning of your video,

there is a hash mark on one of the ''reluctors'', tabs, on the REAR of the crank sprocket.

that is the correct timing mark.

it should line up with the notch just above the sprocket on the oil pump casing.

at the end of you video ,

you have turned the crank 90*, to the left,

now the crank key way is in the 3 oclock position,

THIS IS WRONG, not the correct timing mark position.

again it is hard to see,

but thekey / key way may be boogered.

this could mean the sprocket is not in the correct timing positon relative to the crank.

but again,

it is hard to see.

if this is the case,

it is not an engine death sentence.

correct crank position is

rear hash mark up at 12,

crank key way down at 6.

so line it up again and see if thet match.

if the crank key way and or sprocket is boogered,

you will need to remove and replace the sprocket and key.

if you adjust the timing as you seem to want to in the video,

90* different,

the engine will not start or run.

you need a manual or FSM so you will know what you are looking at,

and what to look for.

check the stickies for service manuals.

waiting for a response from the internet so you can make a repair is not a good idea.

unless you are very patient . (i would act before i got the right info, this could be deadly.)

And i forgot to tighten my harmonic balance. It kicked my ac belt into the main belt... and when loostening the tentioner bolt i snapped tie bracket. So i just pulled the ac belt out. then i went to replace the connector on the alternator and i snapped the shit. so i had to get creative. so im off to pullapart.

Archived