LegacyGT.com

Boost oscillations and not hitting targets

gto7419

Target boost is 24psi (tapering to 19). Running an evo316g (out of efficiency). Im using an iwg for part throttle and a ewg for 100% throttle. Wgdc is set accordingly.

I can hit 21psi around 3400rpm but as soon as I do, it starts to drop. It will go down to about 10 and then rise back to about 18.

I am watching for knock closely and getting none while this is occurring.

Any ideas?

At full throttle below I start to taper, the ECU is set to close the ebcs (iwg). The mbc is set for 24psi. Mbc is on the ewg.

I'm pretty sure I found the problem anyway. The iwg is way soft. My bigger issue now is that the pass side cam is not advancing. Going to swap ocv and then cam gear.

• 2 weeks later...
Id just get the bracket to keep the IWG shut and dont bother. Seems like WGDC isnt set correctly as it should hold more than that, look at the wgdc in the log see if it is dropping.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Appreciate it. Have a baby and ewg all the time is not an option. Helper spring and some wgdc tuning seems to have addressed most of the issue. I had been building a map from scratch but simply do not have the time anymore. Taking the car in for a dyno tune soon.

Archived