LegacyGT.com

Vw, Audi,Subaru or Jeep

xtrimex

I'm coming over from the Vw mk3 world.

I'm looking for something to use as DD duty but also worthy or extreme road trips. To give you an ideal, I took my last car from Delaware to Alaska then down the Pan-American highway all the way to Ushuaia.

Anyways....I lead a SUV lifestyle but need the mpg of a car so I've picked out the cars below. I've cross posted this on a few sites to get mixed views. I'd love to hear the up and downs and you see them. All cars have between 37 and 42k on them. I live in the north east and we get a ton of snow, but I'd love to take a jetta and throw a stage 2 apr on it.

2014 Jetta SE 1.8

2008 Audi A4 2.0T

2011 Legacy 2.5 i

All else fails I'll just get Grand Cherokee and pay way to much for gas.

Yep Forester! Maybe Crosstrek? Either of these will get you just about anywhere you want to go, and the forester is available with a turbo and xmode for better traction.

I would avoid the Audi/Jetta/Jeep for reliability reasons. Jeep may make great off road vehicles, but you still need to get to the trail before you can drive it!

Thanks for the input everyone. Test drove the 1.8 Jetta today, a 328xi, c330 and an a4. Going to check out the Suby on Monday.

I really liked the Jetta but after being in the inside of the a4 the Jetta feels cheap, but the space inside is very nice. Huge trunk and peppy. If I get it it will need to be stage 2 apr.

a4 beautiful inside, similar driving as the Jetta, little more pep but it has 30 more hp. The c300 beautiful car but not for me. Love the n/a motor in the 328xi but to small inside.

Just wish I had more time to test drive the cars. I was in a hurry, so I'm still a little indecisive. I'm trying to weight better mpg and a newer car vs having awd. I work midnight's and live in the country so I'm normally on the way to and from work before the plow trucks go out. I normally have to put snow chains on top of my snow tires just to get out of my road.

I come from a back ground of owning Jeeps and VW's. So I'm not worried about that, currently have over 400k on a mk3 golf.

Archived