LegacyGT.com

2008 with Nav VSS location

mrmegadeth

So there is so much information I am getting confused. I have a 2008 3.0r with factory nav. I've already completed the aftermarket nav addition but never hooked up the VSS. II want to now.

I am assuming I can catch the VSS off the OEM nav harness but I cannot seem to find a pin-out for the 2008 Legacy nav harness. The pin out on NASIOC seems to be for an Impreza.

Can anyone confirm the color of the VSS on the harness? Does anyone make a T-splice, similar to 107-123-013, for this application? Or will 107-123-013 actually work for this use also?

For 2005-2009 Legacys/Outbacks:

Factory wire color is GREEN/BLACK (mostly green, with thinner black stripes), in all of the following:

* Harness plug "i119" (16-pin at navigation monitor screen, in dash), pin #12. [cars with OEM Kenwood nav only]

* Harness plug "R226" (10-pin at under-seat "Navigation Control Module"), pin #10. [cars with OEM Kenwood nav only]

* Harness junction "B38" & "i3" (20-pin, behind passenger glove box, high), pin #18. See

* Harness junction "i102" & "R167" (16-pin, behind driver kick panel, low), pin #12.

The OP Connector (B228) is only in older years (only 2005-2006, I think), possibly later JDM models too.

Search for "vaction pics" (or pix) here. The diagrams showing the harness plug pin-numbering and geometry, as well as the diagrams towards the end that show the harness locations, are very helpful.

I'm not aware of (and doubt there exists) an "electric divide" harness to fit "i119" (or any of the others listed above besides the OP Connector).

Archived