LegacyGT.com

5eat rebuilt slipping

bihsoccer14

Hi

I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy gt that Has gtx30 and supported mods. I am running speed density. I had level ten from jersey rebuild it and after they rebuilt it was slipping again. So I had to drive all the way from Vermont back to jersey to have them look at it. I get there and they test drove it for like 4 hours and tell me they will take care of it under warranty. I thought everything was going to be fine and then a few days later I get call saying its slipping because I am running speed density and not maf. I called my tuner up he said there should be no problem running speed density and he also talked to Cobb. I go back down a few weeks later and they tell me I have to pay 3,200 dollars on top of what I already paid them which was 4,200. They said they wouldn't cover u set warranty because it's not there fault. It's my fault for running speed density. I am going to be taking my car to ipt. But before I do I want to know if anybody els is running speed density on a 5eat and if they had same problem.

• I Donated Too
speed density or MAF - neither have anything to do with the function of the gearbox. Tuning the car so it makes tons of power will cause the gearbox to slip and that might be a problem they don't want to honor under warranty. If they blame just speed density specifically but wouldn't care if you were custom tuned with the MAF and making more power than the gearbox could handle then they just ignorant or making any excuse not to cover it - doesn't make sense if that's their claim.

contact climberD the valve body guru. I recall somewhere reading about the 5eat taking reference in some sort of way from the maf translated into requested torque amount. I could be just confusing things.

However before using IPT i would recommend one of ClimberD's valvebodys and then have IPT build around that. I recall Climber D busting IPTs valve body open and find snake oil,

• 5 weeks later...

There is an indirect level of "control" from the ECU to the TCu via REquested Torque and a few other parameters - these affect the TCU and our tranny.

They, L10, might make an argument that your TCU was not requesting enough ATF pressure from the Trany, and hence it was slipping, and now its worn out...

There should be a test to verify if that is true - you can, for example read the ATF pressure and compare to nominal.

From my reading on L10 - they would nto be my 1st choice,

try IPT,

or HexMods

If you don't mind me asking, why have you decided to switch to SD?

I got a 60lb EFR 7163 turbo on mine and I am right at the limit where SD might be needed...

ps: I got a custom 5EAT + VB all built by HexMods - so far it's been holding ~500whp

on my OBXT.

Archived