LegacyGT.com

Steering Responsive Fog Lights

I haven't seen steering responsive lights on any Subie, and mine doesn't have it.

But the fog lights don't help much - it's just a gimmick.

For real useful cornering lights they have to be directed a lot more to the side.

453747.png

The new 18's have steering responsive lights (at least my Limited with EyeSight). I think they work pretty well. You can definitely see them "move" a bit with the light focus moving left or right respectively. Helps in the early mornings a bit but nothing earth shattering.

The Steering Responsive lights might be helpful in an Outback, on a dirt road, with lots of winds and turns, in the middle of nowhere, crawling around at fairly slow speeds.

However, in a Legacy, on city streets and highways, it is the one feature in my car that I could easily not miss at all. I've never once thought "Ooooh....That was nice to see that!"

The fog lights do not move on the 2018 3.6R but the headlights do when you turn in a direction above 5 mph. Low beam or high beam to illuminate your path.

The dogs stay on constant when powered on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Outback and the fog lights won't help on roads with tight turns. I have tried it by turning on and off the fog lights. Didn't make one bit of a difference in reality for two reasons, the fog lights are too low and the light pattern isn't lighting up enough to the side.
453747.png

Archived