LegacyGT.com

Noob with HVAC question

Hello, Ive recently purchased a 2007 Legacy 2.5i. Ive been lurking for a few weeks and reading all that I can. I havent found my specific issue yet though. Here it goes:

I ordered a double DIN head unit through Crutchfield so I could get Bluetooth and hand free calling mostly. I started off following their installation instructions and everything went fine until it came time to remove the stereo/climate control unit. I have the manual climate control setup. The instructions said to remove the kick panel above the drivers feet and disconnect the climate control cable form the post. Thats a major PITA due to location and I tried my best contortionist impression to no avail. I got the cable out of the clip and pulled it while trying to get it off the post but never got it disconnected.

I ended up unscrewing the climate control unit from the radio in the dash and left it and hooked up the new on the same way. The new radio works fine and looks good.

However the heat doesn't work properly now. AC and all the options (vent, floor, etc) work but the temperature control doesn't work (stays cold) unless I turn the heat all the way up and blower on 4. Obviously while yanking on the cable I got something out sync.

So, my question is does anyway know how to set it back to normal? I will be pulling it back out to install sirius receiver and clean up mic wiring and would only like to do it once. Hope this make sense and thanks for reading.

Heres a pic of the head unit, I really like so far:

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv257/nnero93/20150828_1523501.jpg

Hey thanks for the pic and diagram. I know that the cable is still attached and not broken. After looking at them and thinking back, I think the cable may not be in its retaining clip all the way (thats the simplest solution, so i hope its that). We will find out for sure when I take it back apart. My satellite radio receiver arrives today, but Ill probably just mount it and run the wire in the car. Ill do the rest on later in the week. thanks again

Got it taken care of. The cable had come out of the retaining clip was I wasn't getting the full range of adjustment. Everything works as it should now. Just have to get the Sirius xm receiver hooked up before our trip this weekend. Thanks again

Archived